Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bands to Watch For

Going through an album in depth takes a longer time than I am often bothered to give. I know I said in the first post that I would only talk about bands that had a whole album or EP released, but in the name of laziness I am going to have to relax this rule. And also there are some damn awesome sounding bands out there that are unsigned, or I just plain cant find their albums. But mostly because mentioning a good band and linking to their myspace takes up space and makes me seem productive.

So here are some bands, tiny and obscure though they may be, both you and I (who am I kidding, its pretty much just going to be me) need to watch.

Francis. This gorgeous little group took a bit of finding, I noticed I had written the words Francis (Swedish Band) on a scrap of paper. Realising this must be some band I thought was good but had forgotten about. Long story short, after a LOT of searching I found their myspace again and realised I had heard about them from the marvelous SwedesPlease.net. Almost cabaret swinging rocky bluesy kind of thing, with a growly lady singing. Growly in a good kind of way, not the nightmare inducing Angela Gossow growl (Seriously, did it freak anyone else out when they heard ArchEnemy's lead singer had a vagina?) . On the same label as The Tallest Man on Earth. Very recommended and hopefully I can find their EP when it is released this year.

Tommigun. A pretty little Belgian band I can't be bothered writing much more about. Soft Rock ballady kind of thing. Lead singer also plays in Rumplestitchkin (see below). Good though, if only I could find more of their stuff).

Rumplestitchkin. Another little Belgian band. Similar to Tommigun, no surprises there, but I like Rumplestitchkin better. 'Oh Lord' from their myspace is a highly recommended listen, I actually have one of their albums too that I might write about later on. Forgot about that. Ahh well. They are 'An inventive, refined, retro-futuristic four-piece that can't and won't choose between moving tunes and stomping anthems'. Which is directly from their myspace and pretty much describes them.

Well that's it for what I can think of at the moment, will do another installment when I remember more bands/find more/can be bothered to make the massive effort required to look up the myspace, listen to a song or two then link it back here. I don't think you realise just how far away my mouse is from my keyboard. Indeed, suicide begins to seem a mighty attractive alternative to the cradle of Satan's torment my life becomes as a result of this mouse reaching. Okay, slight exaggeration, but I am one lazy kid.

No comments: